Author Topic: Windows 7 not supported?  (Read 7040 times)

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
  • If you can dream it you can play it
    • Gabriel Sabadi
Windows 7 not supported?
« on: June 24, 2010, 12:21:17 AM »
Hi DJ,

Got my plug-ins installed on XP 64 using cubase 5.5 with no hitches but when I  tried to install it on my laptop (Windows7 64), Acid 7 pro doesn't recognize the EQ, Reverb or Monitor. It did pick up the limiter though. I checked the folder the DLLs were supposed to be placed, Programs (x86)\VSTplugins, saw a 112db folder in there but the only .dll showing was the limiter. Any ideas?

Thanks so much
Gabriel

EDIT: Is there an area in the forum that we report bugs and such? Saw a General area but it seems to be dedicated to Morgana.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:48:38 AM by Gabriel_S »

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Windows 7 not supported?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 05:05:55 AM »
We definitely support Windows 7/x64--in fact, that's my main development setup these days--so I'm not sure what's going wrong there.  Since the Redline plugins don't seem to have been installed, could it be the installers somehow didn't select the VST version for installation?  Could you rerun the installer and make sure in the Install Summary the VST version is listed?

If that's not it, the one thing I can think of is that the plugins somehow installed to a wrong location.  Please do a search on your C:\ drive for "Redline Monitor.dll" (or one of the others), and move them to \Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins if necessary.

Hope this helps,

-- dj!

PS. Where you posted is the perfect place for this bug report.

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
  • If you can dream it you can play it
    • Gabriel Sabadi
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 05:40:47 AM »
Thanks DJ. Flound the problem. The .dll's were being installed in the regular 64 bit folder, NOT the (86)VSTplugins folder. Once I found them (I really needed the Monitor plug for my laptop) it was a simple fix :)

Your support is superior!
Gabriel

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 05:44:26 AM »
Cool, glad to hear it wasn't a serious problem.  I'll check if this is somehow a fluke on your setup or whether we need to release updated installers for the Redline plugins.

Take care,

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB