Author Topic: Reverse Delay  (Read 3910 times)

larslentz

• Newbie+
Reverse Delay
« on: October 24, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »
Is there a way to get a reverse echo from Mikron Delay, Mikron Reverb, or Mikron Cascade? I would like to get the reverse echo effect with some piano pieces I'm working on.

I absolutely love the Mikron line of products (have them all).

martijn

• Global Moderator
Re: Reverse Delay
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 07:42:18 PM »
Hey Lars,

The Mikrons have no reverse mode. I know some effects have this option. Usually how this works is the effect records what you play, and then plays it backwards. So the reverse effect will then occur after the fact and not before, since we can not look into the future (yet). Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe we can cook up something like this in future releases.
The old school of achieving such effect as they did in the 60s and 70s would be to reverse the tape with the recording, apply and record the effect and than reverse the tape again. This way you hear for example the tail of a reverb swelling until the actual note was played. I think most DAWs will let you reverse a track. So while the track is played back in reverse you could apply the reverb and bounce it, than reverse the bounced track and you're all set!

-Martijn-

larslentz

• Newbie+
Re: Reverse Delay
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 07:33:28 PM »
Thank you!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB