Author Topic: 64 bit  (Read 7922 times)

Refuge Denied

• Newbie+
64 bit
« on: September 01, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
I just downloaded the demo and got my registration.  Unfortunately after starting my host (Studio One Pro x64 / Windows 7 x64) and not seeing the plugin in the VST bin, I realized that the plugin may not be 64-bit.  Jbridge is not an option for me (I find it buggy at best).

Is there a 64-bit option for Redline Monitor?

--------

On an unrelated note ... how about a real hardware version of this with digital in, a nice DAC, and a decent little amp all in one?  ;D

Refuge Denied

• Newbie+
Re: 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 07:05:49 PM »
Ah, a little more digging around and I found this ...

http://112db.com/support/faq/

Do your plugins work on 64-bit XP, Vista, and/or Windows 7?

Yes, all our products are fully compatible with both 32 and 64 bit versions of XP, Vista, and Windows 7. At present we ship only 32-bit versions of our plugins, but you can use them in an 64-bit host through a bit bridge. Proper x64 versions of our plugins are in the works.

I guess that answers that.

Next questions:

Any progress?   Do you need a 64-bit version beta tester for Monitor?

I could really use a solid headphone mixing solution.  I have looked at VRM Box from Focusrite, but I don't understand the point of the hardware part of it - almost like its purpose is only to be another dongle.  I don't need another interface and drivers slowing my system down.  Would really prefer a plugin (like Redline Monitor).

nousch

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:04:12 AM »
Glad that you have solved your question yourself. :) The 64 bits versions have been delayed due to dj!'s death, but we hope to have them by the end of the year.

And to answer your other question: hardware isn't our cup of tea, I'm afraid. To be honest,  personally I don't see the point of hardware. Just more stuff to lug around. But maybe you've got some convincing arguments for me.

--nousch

Refuge Denied

• Newbie+
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear about Jules.  I know it is very hard on everyone at 112db.  You have my deepest sympathies.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB