Author Topic: Redline Monitor Problem  (Read 22354 times)

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
Re: Redline Monitor Problem
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 02:13:16 PM »
Yes, FL Studio 8 Producer Edition.  Once you get the templates set up and use them several times, the program automatically brings up your most used template when the program opens.  (There are several generic templates, but you can develop and save your own, that is what RM was in, a personally developed template.)  This is the initial use of Redline Monitor that would open.  After that, even if you delete the first instance of the program and open another file that has RM in it, it will not open.  As I said before, even if I closed RM in that first template and tried to reopen it, it would not open.  This sounds very similar to the other poster, he has it inserted in his templates in that program, too, if I read it correctly.

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »
The file you sent seems to have solved the problem, so far, anyway.  I will post again in a couple of days.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »
Cool, good to hear that!  Thanks for reporting & keep me informed of any trouble.

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »
Still working fine.  What did you do, anyway?

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 06:41:29 PM »
Believe it or not, but I was using a wrong call to dispose of some temporary constructs when drawing text in the GUI window.  Why exactly that would cause the behavior you experienced is beyond me, but I gues sometimes it's OK to just be content smt works without having to understand why. :)

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »
This is not really a problem, just a general question:  What would be the reason that phasing sounds more effective in the "headphone only" setting rather than the "headphone with Redline Monitor" setting?

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
Errr... could you rephrase that?  I'm not sure I get what you're getting at.

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 10:07:26 PM »
If you use a phaser plug-in, it sounds less extreme if you listen to it with Redline Monitor rather than with headphones alone.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 08:59:48 AM »
I suspect that the phaser you're using is stereo, and anything stereo sounds much exaggerated on headphones--the very reason why Redline Monitor exists!  The best yardstick would be to compare the phaser effect on your headphones+RM to what is does on your speakers, and those two shd be pretty similar.

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
Now I have four days left on my demo, I bought a license, but the plug-in seems satisfied with telling me that I have four days left on the demo.  It isn't asking me for the license.

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »
Well, one day, now.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »
Sorry for the lack of replies, I'm currently on holiday.  Anyway by the time it times out it shd definitely ask for a new license, or you may simply drag & drop a permanent license onto the Redline Monitor GUI editor window to activate it.

Take care,

-- dj!

Hellwilliam

• Newbie+
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 09:33:14 PM »
By the time it times out it shd definitely ask for a new license.  Take care, dj!
Yes, it asked for one after the trial period ran out.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB