Author Topic: Morgana won't load in Logic (part 2)  (Read 23789 times)

Hide

• Newbie+
    • Website = House-eey
Re: Morgana won't load in Logic (part 2)
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 12:47:30 PM »
Hi dj,

I'm afraid that but it still doesn't work....
By the way, first of all I trashed all Morgana files on my HDD, then I installed public ver 1.2.0 again.
Then put "PkgInfo" into Morgana.vst/Contents, and trashed "com.apple.LogicAudioUnits.plist",
and launch LogicPro. It was rescanning all my AU plugins, then....

My AU plugin list still doesn't have Morgana...

I really have no idea.... I think you should separate VST and AU files...
I'm not sure but I've never seen AU file to VST file as symbolic Link.
Maybe it'll be working some system, but safely it should be real file into Components.
My all plugs(such as UA, IK Multimedia, Gforce, NI, PSP, Sonnox, SSL...) are installed as individual file
into Components. There is no link(symbolic link) to VST file....

Why no one never tried to use symbolic link... I guess it's because of it.

A status update for the benefit of others suffering from the same problem: as it turns out a small file is missing from the installation, which--for reasons I cannot yet fathom--causes Morgana to not load only on some setups.

To correct this, please download the attached file "PkgInfo" and save it to

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/112dB/Morgana.vst/Contents

The Morgana.vst folder in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/112dB shd change to show a synth icon afterwards. 
The VST version shd now work properly on all systems, but it would be good if you could verify that.  If you don't own a VST host, you may download a small freeware host VSTLord from

http://arne.knup.de/?page_id=32

You can run it directly from the disk image, select File > New Synth and choose /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/112dB/Morgana.vst

Please let me know if Morgana does not show up in VSTLord after installing the above PkgInfo file.

Now on to the AU version!  At least it doesn't seem to be a compatibility problem but something wrong with the installation.  You may try the instructions from my earlier post--I'll copy the below--and see whether anything has changed wrt the AU version.

-- dj!

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Morgana won't load in Logic (part 2)
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »
Morgana 1.2.2 shd finally solve this problem for real.  Go get it at

Thanks for your help troubleshooting this!

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB