Author Topic: Need help with sampling  (Read 6242 times)

nofish

• Newbie+
Need help with sampling
« on: April 16, 2008, 08:18:44 PM »
Currently testing the Morgana v1.2.1 Demo.
Tried to sample an Audiotrack in Reaper with Morgana but no luck.

Here's what I did:
Track1: Loaded Morgana
Track 2 has a short Audiofile, Inserted Samplink as FX
Morgana: rightclick/Record source/connection #1
press Record button: red light apperas
press play on Reaper, let the audiofile play.
I can see the metering working on the Samplink FX and the record button flashes on Morgana.
So far so good,
but after I stop recording or the recording time is over, no zone is created in Morgana. If I create a zone before recording the zone also stays empty.
Same thing if I trigger a Vst Instrument instead of an audio file on Track2.

I have tested the same in Cubase Sx, also no luck.

AMD64 X2 with Windows2000ProSP4

Am I missing something here?

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Need help with sampling
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:13:45 AM »
No, you're not missing anything--I just checked and sampling is indeed broken.  Believe it or not, it turns out the cause is an extraneous single space in the source code.  Because of that Morgana won't save files, which in turns causes sampling to fail.  It's fixed now, a new build (with a couple of other improvement and bugfixes) will be ready early next week.

Sorry for the trouble!

-- dj!

nofish

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »
Thanks for reply.
Good to hear that I'm not as stupid as I thought, although this gave me a hard time testing Morgana.

To be honest, I find it a bit strange putting a demo up without testing one of it's main functions, but as I like Morgana in every aspect so far, I guess sh*t happens sometimes.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 03:29:39 PM by nofish »

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 03:41:04 PM »
Yeah, really sorry about that.  To be honest I was rushing things a bit to get the demo out, did test close before release but somehow managed to slip that silly extra space in there in the very last stages.

I hope there's still enough time left for you to evaluate the demo, if not you can always apply for another demo period.  If there's anything else I can do for you do let me know!

All the best,

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB