Author Topic: Update on the EQ?  (Read 6282 times)

mcphoto

• Newbie+
Update on the EQ?
« on: July 29, 2009, 04:18:25 PM »
After hours or redline-reverb-ing, I'm truly psyched for the EQ - we're getting closer to Q3, guys... how's it going?

You guys really have a great biz model going here - it's great to have really useful, unique & great-sounding plugs; and then pricing 'em like Steve Massey? That's nuts! Throw in how responsive you've been on this board, the courtesy & interest you show in feature requests (nothing makes a customer feel like more-than-a-customer) - hopefully you'll be Ferrari-shopping before too long!

Any hints of what's next? I'm thinking the world is covered for compressors right now... here's what I'd like though:

Number one by a mile - A REALLY REALLY BADASS HARMONIC EXCITER that does warmth & brightness with a low CPU footprint. Sometimes ya just need one. Female vox, acoustic guitars, strings... I think we really need a "magic" exciter with some mojo. The reason they get a bad rap is, of course, overuse and poor sound when cranked. I bet you guys could knock it out of the park, there's very few choices out there for RTAS (BBE & the pricey Aphex, and the Ozone module which is inefficient to use as just-an-exciter). Lots of VST-PC stuff that I haven't tried. Getting market acceptance might be tough, but between your growing rep and your generous test period, I could see a "here's the new standard for exciters" product getting the interest Aphex had in the 70's.

There's only ONE delay out there that I'm just (as my teenage daughters say) "gay" for - the Massey TD5. I could use a simple delay that has that analog sound, but also offers things the Massey doesn't - diffusion of the delays (maybe with a more-diffuse "ramp" as they fade out, and the sweet modulation controls of the redline 'verb, which don't sound to me like traditional modulation - there's something more going on); EQ of the repeats vs. "bright/dark"... more control for "retro-ness" of the repeats (I don't like the wow & flutter as much as the tonal things)... and true stereo with independent L/R controls for time & feedback. (Disclaimer: I own two Roland SDE-1000s...)

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Update on the EQ?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 02:03:35 PM »
Thanks so much for the kudos!  It's awesome to hear that people think that highly of us--here's to a lot more good stuff to come!

As for the EQ, as you noticed we were forced to delay the release a bit because of some personal issues.  But I'm happy to announce that it's now 99.9% ready and will be released in about a week from now.  So watch this space (or preferably the front page at 112dB.com) for news, hehe.

As for the harmonic exciter & delay suggestions, we don't usually like to announce new plugins too far ahead but it's almost as if you have a direct tap into our internal communications so... probably just coincidence but in fact those two are exactly what's up next.  And rest assured that both will feature some interesting twists that'll clearly distinguish them from what's already available--along with our trademark sound quality of course.  8)

Thanks again & take care,

-- dj!

aikon

Re: Update on the EQ?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 01:29:35 PM »

There's only ONE delay out there that I'm just (as my teenage daughters say) "gay" for - the Massey TD5.

Wanna share more about why love this exactly delay?
I'm new to this, all things sound to me pretty much similar...

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB