Author Topic: REQ interupting PT  (Read 3661 times)

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
REQ interupting PT
« on: November 08, 2009, 02:02:07 PM »
     There's something definitely up with the REQ in Pro Tools 8.0.1 on my system.  In a session I'm currently in, upon inserting the REQ just froze and I couldn't get it to load either presets or make it do anything for that matter although I could play the session.....so it didn't crash PT....but the REQ did crash.  I quit the session and the REQ left the little info help window superimposed on the desktop.  Going back into the session I could load the REQ and it did work ok seemingly.  Hummm....I think it needs a little work. No problems like this with the Reverb which works flawlessly.  I'm not using the 1.0.3 beta....this is with the 1.02 version as I don't want to get into beta testing until I get a few things worked on here...but I will test it.
    It also uses quite a bit of cpu power....twice that of the Digi EQIII, so it's not an EQ you can use a lot of instances with.  It's also still a bit slow when loading presets.
    Is there ANY way you can implement the code for Automap?  None of the 112db series plugins work with it!  I'm really trying to get away from mouse clicking.
Thanks Dj!  
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 02:06:36 PM by Gothboy »

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
Re: REQ interupting PT
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 03:14:57 PM »
     Allright well I tried the 1.0.3 beta and it seems a bit better but I kept on getting intermittant crashes in Pro Tools even with it not even in a session.....so I took it out of the plugin folder and now no crashes.  I don't know what to say other than I think it's causing problems in PT.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB