Author Topic: Crossfeed and volume  (Read 4929 times)

nias

• Newbie+
Crossfeed and volume
« on: March 17, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »
Just a couple questions. Is the crossfeed gain being controlled by one of the knobs or is it just the frequency content of it?

Also Why is there such a big gain change when I turn off the distance setting?

Great plugin concept and nice interface, really liking it so far.

thanks.

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Crossfeed and volume
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 02:02:59 PM »
Internally Redline Monitor has about 7 or 8 different parameters (Crossfeed being just one of them) that together produce the effect.  The Soundstage knob controls most of these parameters in a single knob, but there is no single knob that changes just the crossfeed.  Does that answer your qn?

Essentially the Distance control adds an HRTF-based algorithm to the overall picture, which is far from neutral even at its lowest setting. FWIW we are working on improving some of the underlying algorithms and a future version will make the transformation more seamless.

Thanks for your feedback,

-- dj!

nias

• Newbie+
Re: Crossfeed and volume
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »
Great thanks, that helps. Just trying to wrap my head around what is going on internally a little so I can better understand and hear the effects of each parameter adjustment.

thanks.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB