Author Topic: No Sidechain  (Read 8711 times)

DoozerLee

• Newbie+
No Sidechain
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »
Hi,
I really love the Big Blue Compressor. It is very flexible and very fast, which is good for ducking the bass when the kick drums hits.
Before I buy, I just need to sort out one problem in this scenario.
When using the side-chain to duck the compressor in Cakewalk, it works fine. But in Cubase 6.5 64 bit, it does not appear as a side-chain insert. When I click on Insert, in the drum track, it should show the Compressor on the bass track as a side-chain insert in the sub-menu, but it is not there. I have activated side-chain in the big Blue compressor on the bass track, but no sign of it in the sub-menu.
It works fine in Cakewalk, but I am trying to move from Cakewalk to Cubase.
I am using Cubase 6.5 64 bit full version. in Windows 7 64bit Premium Home Service pack 1. Focusrite Scarlett iUSB interface. 8 gig memory intel i-7 3770K.
Thank you for your help.
Paul

DoozerLee

• Newbie+
Re: No Sidechain
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:52:10 PM »
Bit more info.
The sidechain button in the Cubase/Big Blue window is missing, so I can't switch on the side-chain.
Thanks,
Paul

martijn

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 08:38:39 AM »
Hey Paul,

We prepared a document to help getting the side chain up and running.

http://112db.com/sidechain/

Please let us know if this works for you or that something else is going wrong.

Regards,

-Martijn-

DoozerLee

• Newbie+
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:46:46 PM »
Hi Martijn,

I have done a bit more research and found the problem.
Cubase only does sidechaining properly with VST3, otherwise you have to do the lengthy work around you described in your document.
I appreciate this is a flaw in Cubase and not Big Blue, but I would really like to know if you plan to release a VST 3 version in the near future, as I could live with the work around for a while, but wouldn't want to do it indefinitely. I am sorry I have no idea if this is a lot of development work or not.
thanks,

Paul

nousch

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 08:55:48 AM »
VST 3 is on our wish list, but MAC OS 64 bit versions and AAX have priority at the moment...

--nousch

DoozerLee

• Newbie+
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »
Actually it is not that much effort to create a bus for side-chaining in Cubase. I had to learn how to do it anyway.

The compressor is so versatile and sounds so good, that I just had to buy it anyway.
It's the only Compressor I have that works fast enough to duck the bass effectively. And it works really well on a drum bus to make it sound much bigger and fatter.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB