Author Topic: Where to get .wav samples  (Read 6039 times)

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
Where to get .wav samples
« on: June 16, 2007, 02:40:40 PM »
     Since we're using Morgana and it uses primarily .wav files at this point(...I guess .aiff format will come later...)  I thought I'd start a thread about sites that offer free sample downloads.  In the searches I've done I've come up with a few...but so many are those hip-hop specialty sites that have those annoying pop-up ads on them, so I'm trying to avoid those.  Let's also stick to one-shot instrument samples of esoteric value and avoid loops for now as we all know where to get those. ;)  Here's one that has some neat vintage synth sounds on it...perfect for Morgana.

http://machines.hyperreal.org/samples.html

People, feel free to post sites that you come across in your travels in cyberspace.  Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:45:48 PM by Gothboy »

Claude

Re: Where to get .wav samples
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 05:28:30 AM »
Hypperreal is probably one of the best places, I'd say. At least for vintage, synth stuff.

Sampletorrents.com used to be a great resource, but I just checked an it is down (or rather, in the process of being reorganized?).

Pettinhouse.com has some good stuff - a lot of it says it's for kontakt, but it's not in a monolithic format so you can use the wav samples however you like. They sell some HUGE libraries, but also offer some smaller kits and such for free.

There's also some cool acoustic drums and piano at naturalstudio. Those are "lite" versions, they also have some commercial libraries.

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
Re: Where to get .wav samples
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 04:22:55 PM »
There's also some cool acoustic drums and piano at naturalstudio. Those are "lite" versions, they also have some commercial libraries.

I have been to the naturalstudio site but I wasn't sure if the could be used as .wav files on their own,  for some reason I thought they were in formats that could only be used for certain apps.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB