Author Topic: Pro Tools doesnt start  (Read 14763 times)

GOLDAUDIO

• Newbie+
Pro Tools doesnt start
« on: November 18, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »
I was running the Trial Version for 60 days without any problem till yesterday.
I bought the license about a week ago, or so and I finally activated Redline Reverb yesterday ...
activation was completed and I restarted Pro Tools ( Version 9.0.5 )

Problem: Pro Tools doesnt start any more
At th point where the "Redline Reverb" shall be loaded I get the error "pro tools cannot be opened because of a problem" ( At least I hope, that this is the english version of the error, cause I have german version )

If I remove the plugin, everything is how it should be !
What can I do ?

System is Mac Pro OSX version 10.6.8

nousch

• Administrator
Re: Pro Tools doesnt start
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 11:33:26 PM »
The demo license and permanent license aren't that different. At least not different enough to explain this sudden crash. So my guess would be something went wrong with writing the preference files in Protools.

This is in general a good trick when Pro Tools crashes repeatedly whenever you try to launch it: delete the preference files. How to do this depends on your operating systems, but for Mac OS it works like this.

1. Go to Users/[your directory]/Library/Preferences and trash DigiSetup, DAE Preferences, and Pro Tools Preferences
2. Restart.

To be completely sure however, you could send us the Apple crash report. You will find it here:

~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

For privacy reasons (the report will tell everybody what plugins you are running  :)) it might be best if you send it to Support.

--nousch

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB