Author Topic: Redline Reverb 1.0.3 Windows does not save Mix and Output settings in Sony Vegas  (Read 9454 times)

Ambient4

• Newbie+
Reverb Mix and Output revert to 100% when reopening a saved project where Mix and Output have been set to new values. Mix and Output also not saving as .fxp inside Vegas. Other parameters are saved, but Mix and Output are not.

Noticed that Reverb Mix and Output do not change as user scrolls through presets. Do Mix and Output maintain settings by design to allow easier comparison between other presets without having to adjust each time? Or could this be related to the Mix and Output not saving bug?

Also saw that Redline Equalizer Input knob setting is not saved with project or with .fxp. All other settings are saved. Could this be knob behavior be related to the Redline Reverb Mix and Output knob behavior?

Thanks! Love to use these products. Great design and sound.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:58:25 AM by Ambient4 »

dj!

• 112dB
The behavior of Mix and Output not changing between presets is intentional.  Like you said it allows for better comparison without having to reset them all the time.

Why those settings aren't saved in Vegas is so far a mystery to me as it works OK in all other hosts that I'm aware of.  Am downloading the Vegas demo to see if I can reproduce it here & will post any findings here.

The Redline EQ issue shd be the same issue, yes.

Take care & thanks,

-- dj!

Ambient4

• Newbie+
Thanks for the info about the Mix and Output function. You were clever to implement them as you did for ease of comparison.

Hope something in your Vegas demo reveals how to save the Mix, Output and Input (EQ) knobs. I'm pretty sure I have tried saving in all possible ways. But I might have missed something that you would catch with your broad experience in many hosts.

Ambient4

• Newbie+
Hello!

How did the tests with the Sony Vegas demo go? We have only a couple more days to decide on mix reverb and eq plugins. The release date is set so we have to grab a workable VST and go with it. Everybody here loves the sound and interface of the RedLine VST's, but we will have to go with a plug that can save all the settings or we will be spending a lot of time re-doing stuff as we go to final mix.

Hoping it's something fairly simple!

Best regards
Warren
Minneapolis

Ambient4

• Newbie+
One more way to look at this issue...We use REAPER sometimes for recording on one of our laptops.

Reaperprojects save Redling Reverb Mix and Output values but does not save Redline EQ Input level.

Don't know if that helps or is just a confusion. But it came up as we were looking at ways to make our mixes happen.

Cheers!

Warren

dj!

• 112dB
We're on the case but nothing definite to report so far... soon though.

Looks like the Redline EQ Input Level is a definite bug.  The fact that Redline Reverb plays nice with Reaper is a bad omen for Vegas though... to be honest at this point I very much suspect it's a bug in (or at least non-standard behavior of) Vegas itself.  If that's the case let's hope if we can find a quick workaround.  You probably don't want to wait for Sony to fix this.  ;)

More to follow,

-- dj!

dj!

• 112dB
Okay, good news and bad news.

The bad news is that the fault lies with Vegas Pro--they have a bug in their VST implementation.  If you're interested in filing a bug report with Sony I can provide you with the details.

The good news is that I think I found a workaround specifically for Vegas.  We need to make sure it doesn't introduce any unwanted side effects though.  Will upload a beta build for you to test and post the URL here.

Hope this helps,

-- dj!

Ambient4

• Newbie+
Thanks mucho! for all your work on this. We will be back in the studio tomorrow and I can run your beta on a different machine than our main mix computer so any weirdness won't slow us down.

Let me know how to get the beta when you get a chance.

We very much appreciate your attention to this problem. Tsk, tsk to Sony for a strange implementation of VST. Might have something to do with it having roots more as a video editor than an audio editor.

dj!

• 112dB
Took a little longer than expected but you can download the beta here.  Give her a spin and let us know how it works!

Take care,

-- dj!

Ambient4

• Newbie+
Looking good so far. Thanks very much for helping us out on this! I am messing with it offline in our project space so as not to get the guys in the main room out of rhythm.

If side effects occurred because of the Beta workaround, would it be bugs in "saving"? I will look very hard at the behaviour of the Mix and Output pots.

But could it then stretch into performance of the actual reverb - dropping audio or not rendering? Just so that I know how far to dig on this before we dive into shipping mixes to the next stage.

Thanks again for your help. Redline is now on all our tracks so we are liking how it sounds!

dj!

• 112dB
Cool, thanks much for helping us test this!  Any side effects shd definitely be restricted to saving and loading of programs, performance and anything else is completely unrelated to the workaround.  (A smart question to ask, BTW.)

Take care,

-- dj!

andivax

• Newbie+
i have the same issue since version 1.0.3 in Cubase 5.1 (5.5).
old saved projects has wrong state of MIX knob - 100% wet.
1.0.1 works OK.

Ambient4

• Newbie+
Knowing that the Mix and Output are pretty much isolated from other stuff, it's looking pretty solid on this end. Don't know what you need to incorporate into a new release, but we are glad to step through testing steps if you need help with it.

I spent a few years as a tester at Coda Music Software (Finale and SmartMusic) here in Minneapolis, USA, so I have seen some truly funky things happen when "just one little change" is made. But sounds like you guys have it under control. Kudos for fine coding and great customer response!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB