Author Topic: 64 bit version any time soon?  (Read 15602 times)

Gabriel_S

• Newbie+
  • If you can dream it you can play it
    • Gabriel Sabadi
64 bit version any time soon?
« on: November 06, 2009, 04:56:12 AM »
Well new user here. got turned on to it by a good producer bud of mine. Downloaded the Demo and simply love this unit. When I installed it I was given a message that it is not compatible with XP 64. It did however install proper like. I'm thinking of getting the bundle but want to make sure I don't run into any problems down the road or any unexpected errors.

Great work guys, amazing sound and clarity!!

Gabriel

chrisharbin

• Newbie+
Re: 64 bit version any time soon?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 03:36:12 AM »
I wanted to bump this. Though the demo seems to work with the bridge in reaper, but an x64 would most likely put me in a position to buy :)

Would I be assuming that running redline reverb on reapers bridge would not qualify for "support" at this time? Though I love the sound so far, I can't see spending 150 bucks on a product that isn't supported.

Any info/reply would be appreciated.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:37:34 AM »
To the best of our knowledge our (x86) plugins do work on x64 systems using bit bridges (at least under Windows).  Also we are currently in the process of getting proper x64 versions ready and are 90% there, so expect support for x64 relatively soon.  (For Windows, that is--OS X is going to be a lot longer since Apple forces us to completely rewrite the graphics parts from scratch for x64, which is a major undertaking.)

Hope this helps,

-- dj!

dickiefunk

• Beta Tester
  • Newbie+
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:51:01 PM »
Hi Dj,

Has the 64bit version of Redline Reverb been released yet?

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 04:18:08 PM »
Due to some unexpected setbacks it hasn't been released yet.  However apart from a little polishing and some rigorous testing it's as good as ready so it really shdn't be long now.

Take care,

-- dj!

rainmaker

• Newbie+
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »
Hi,

any news on the 64bit version of this great reverb?

rainmaker

• Newbie+
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 06:04:32 PM »
bump

nousch

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 04:04:15 PM »
Sorry about the late reply. I hoped to have some more concrete news by now. But we're still busy finding our way in all the code/documentation/etc dj! left behind (the former CEO and lead programmer of 112dB, he passed away end of January).

It's always difficult to make predictions about finishing dates in IT-projects but in his case especially so, because we don't know what unforeseen problems we might encounter.

As far as I can tell dj! got very far with the 64-bits version. Since so many people ask about it, it will certainly be one of our top priorities, but I'd like to start with some easier projects first to see how we will fare with those.

Nousch

1fastdog

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
Sorry about the late reply. I hoped to have some more concrete news by now. But we're still busy finding our way in all the code/documentation/etc dj! left behind (the former CEO and lead programmer of 112dB, he passed away end of January).

It's always difficult to make predictions about finishing dates in IT-projects but in his case especially so, because we don't know what unforeseen problems we might encounter.

As far as I can tell dj! got very far with the 64-bits version. Since so many people ask about it, it will certainly be one of our top priorities, but I'd like to start with some easier projects first to see how we will fare with those.

Nousch

When can the 64 bit version of Redline Reverb be expected?  I'm an interested customer. I appreciate the obstacles and imagine the priorities in such situations do exist. It appears the last respons to this was a few months ago. If it's coming I'd like to know. If not? Please advise. I'm totally uninterested in running bit bridges.  $149 is an interesting price, but not if it requires a band-aid.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:50:16 PM by 1fastdog »

1fastdog

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »
Testing, one two... is this thing on? :)

nousch

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 08:42:58 AM »
You really want that 64 bits version, don't you? ;-)

I don't dare to make any predictions yet. A lot of code needs to be rewritten and we don't know what we will stumble upon. Target is having a 64-bits version of the Reverb ready by Spring next year, but that's only if nothing unexpected will turn up.

--nousch

nousch

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 08:54:47 AM »
By the way, in my answer I was assuming you were talking about a 64-bits version for MAC.  For Windows dj!'s earlier reply still counts. The plan is releasing them together, but if there's some delay in the MAC version: the Windows version will be certainly ready in Spring.

--nousch

1fastdog

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 04:40:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply. It's a Windows 7 64 bit I'm after.

Wish it were sooner than spring, but it is what it is.

If I am still in the market, I'll check back.  I can't really backburner projects for that long.

The search continues... best wishes.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB