Author Topic: Importing R66 Presets  (Read 5393 times)

eightyeightkeys

• Newbie+
Importing R66 Presets
« on: September 15, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »
Hello :
Many thanks for taking over the R66. I love this reverb and was really dissapointed when it was discontinued. It really is my go-to lush reverb.

My question :
How do I import the old R66 presets into the Redline Reverb ? In particular, the R66 Cathedral 1 was a big starting point for many of my own presets.

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Importing R66 Presets
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:59:52 AM »
Hi,

there is no direct way to import R66 presets.  However, if you remove R66 from your plugins folder and install Redline Reverb any songs that contain R66 instances shd load back OK.  So loading a song with R66 set to the Cathedral preset shd allow you to save those settings as a preset from within Redline, or add it to your presets library of course.

Hope this helps,

-- dj!

vic_france

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 12:38:30 AM »
Hello,
I have just tried doing as you suggested (I loved the presets in R66! :) ), and, while Redline Reverb does indeed load in place of R66, the parameter values are completely wrong (and I know we can get practially identical sounds by entering the parameter values manually ;) )
This doesn't stop Redline Reverb from being my favorite reverb ;).

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
Hmmm... that sounds like something got messed up along the way--I'm pretty confident this used to work OK.  Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into it.  And thanks for your kind words about Reverb of course!  :)

-- dj!

vic_france

• Newbie+
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »
Thanks ;) Looking forward to developments on this.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB