Author Topic: Redline Monitor: Odd behavior, crashes in Sonar 8.3.  (Read 4278 times)

Pixel8

• Newbie+
Redline Monitor: Odd behavior, crashes in Sonar 8.3.
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:17:48 PM »
I am using Redline Monitor 1.0.2 (demo license) in Sonar 8.3.  I'm having a few odd issues, usually after about an hour or so of use.

-->I will begin to hear the right channel much louder than the left, very phasey and migraine inducing. 

-->Sometimes, with or without the previous issue, the controls become unresponsive, and usually if I persist in fiddling with them, Sonar will "POOF" and just dissapear. 

-->Other times, Sonar just goes away with no warning, usually when I am slip editing or nudging an audio clip.

The next time I load the project, Redline Monitor will display a dialog telling me that it may have crashed in the previous session. I connected and allowed it to send one of the crash reports. The only workaround I have found is to periodically remove the plugin instance from my project and re-add. Or, to just remove the plugin when I don't need it, or whenever I would normally just briefly disable it.  I do sometimes crash or get dropouts anyway, but it's always related to CPU or disk bandwidth issues, and displays an appropriate error message in Sonar.  I haven't really brought this particular project to it's knees yet.

I really like this plugin!  The more I use it, the less I find myself not needing it :-) I lost a few vocal takes the other night when it crashed while I was loop-recording.  I have since stopped using the plugin while recording; but after only a few days of using it, I really just prefer the way it sounds, so I'd like to be able to leave it on. 

Here are my basic specs:
XP Pro SP3
q6600
ASUS p5w DH Deluxe
4GB ram
Nvidia 8600 gts graphics, dual monitors running 1680x1050.  Loaded latest drivers, no difference.
E-MU 1616m, ASIO.

The project is recording at 16/24, 6ms Latency, and Sonar's 64bit engine is disabled. CPU and disk use are both hovering between 10-20%. The other plugins loaded in this project are 1 instance each of Sonitus Delay, NI Absynth, NI Massive, NI FM8, Z3TA+, and Voxengo Span (usually disabled).  All are the latest versions. Sometimes I'll load V-Vocal to fix something, but I bounce the clip as soon as I'm done. 

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jen

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Redline Monitor: Odd behavior, crashes in Sonar 8.3.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
Hi & sorry to hear about your problems.  I just checked and the crash dump arrived OK so I'll see if that tells me anything.  In addition could you send the contents of Start > All Programs > 112dB > Redline Monitor > Redline Monitor log to support@[lotsofdB].com?  That might give me some additional info to go on.

Thanks,

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB