Author Topic: Redline Monitor Automatically Generated Bug Reports  (Read 7773 times)

tommy_d

• Newbie+
Redline Monitor Automatically Generated Bug Reports
« on: February 26, 2009, 02:16:34 AM »
Hi,

I've got a question about the above.

Redline Monitor keeps crashing Reaper. The next time I open Reaper I get a dialogue box that says "Redline Monitor may have crashed last time it was run. Can I report the error to 112dB for analysis so the bug that caused this can be fixed?" But my DAW is offline, so it can't  :(

My question is: Is there any way of saving these automatically generated bug reports so I can transfer them to a machine that's connected to the 'net and send them to you?

Thanks in advance.

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Redline Monitor Automatically Generated Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 08:42:45 AM »
Hi,

thanks for the report.  Is there any pattern to the crashes or do they occur at random?

The latest crash dump is stored in the following location:

\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Application Data\112dB\Redline Monitor.dmp

If you could send it by email that would be more than helpful.  In the meantime I'll check if I can reproduce the Reaper problem here.

Take care,

-- dj!

tommy_d

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 11:56:02 AM »
Hi,

thanks for the report.  Is there any pattern to the crashes or do they occur at random?

With increasing regularity, TBH; almost every time I open a project that uses Redline Monitor.

The latest crash dump is stored in the following location:

\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Application Data\112dB\Redline Monitor.dmp

Excellent: that's exactly what I needed to know!

If you could send it by email that would be more than helpful.  In the meantime I'll check if I can reproduce the Reaper problem here

No problem - I'll sort that out later today.

Thanks for your help  :)

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:08:28 PM »
Ok, thanks and looking fwd to the dumps; with some luck I shd be able to determine what the problem is.

FWIW I created a Reaper project with Redline Monitor inserted but reloading the project about 20 times didn't cause any issue here.  No matter, we'll get to the bottom of this!

-- dj!

tommy_d

• Newbie+
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:30:49 PM »
(Sorry for the delay: I've had an unexpectedly busy couple of days!)

I've been trying reproduce the crash reliably - making a note of which projects cause the problem - and I think I may have got to the bottom of it.

FWIW I created a Reaper project with Redline Monitor inserted but reloading the project about 20 times didn't cause any issue here

Yes, that works fine for me too. However, if I do this:

- File > New Project
- View > Show Master Track (Ctrl+Alt+M)
- Insert Redline Monitor into FX Chain:Master Track
  [cue dialogue box: "Redline Monitor may have crashed last time it was run..."]
- Toggle selected FX offline (Ctrl+Alt+B)
- Toggle selected FX offline (Ctrl+Alt+B)
  [i.e. make Redline Monitor offline, then online again]

...Reaper crashes immediately.

So maybe it has something to do with the way Reaper stores plugin settings. I don't know; does that sound plausible? What do you get if you follow the steps above?

(Thanks again for your help, BTW)

tommy_d

• Newbie+
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 12:59:57 AM »
(...cautious bump...)

Any news on this? Have you been able to reproduce the crash following the procedure I described?

td

EDIT: I can still send a bug report if it'll be helpful - I don't know whether or not that would give you any more useful information (I have a pretty hazy understanding of how such things work, TBH).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 01:12:28 AM by tommy_d »

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »
Yeah, sorry for the radio silence.  Problem is I can't make it happen by following the exact procedure you describe, so there is smt funky going on.  If you could send me a the error log and crash dump (if there is one) from directly after such a crash that might be helpful. 

Another possibility is to wait until tmr when 1.0.1 will be released--your issue tastes suspiciously similar to the blank GUI problem in Live and FL Studio that others experienced, and that particular problem is fixed in 1.0.1.  So there is a good chance it will amend your issue as well.

-- dj!

tommy_d

• Newbie+
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
Yeah, sorry for the radio silence

Hey, no problem! Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Problem is I can't make it happen by following the exact procedure you describe, so there is smt funky going on.  If you could send me a the error log and crash dump (if there is one) from directly after such a crash that might be helpful

Damn.

Is the error log the "Redline Monitor" text file in ...Local Settings\Application Data\112dB?

Another possibility is to wait until tmr when 1.0.1 will be released--your issue tastes suspiciously similar to the blank GUI problem in Live and FL Studio that others experienced, and that particular problem is fixed in 1.0.1.  So there is a good chance it will amend your issue as well

Ah, sounds promising - maybe I should give that a whirl first. I'll wait 'til tomorrow, then try again.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB