Author Topic: VAT not advertised??  (Read 6873 times)

francobidanco

• Newbie+
VAT not advertised??
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »
I just bought the Redline Preamp which is undeniably awesome, but something that I thought wasn't that awesome was the VAT not being included in the advertised price. In fact, the VAT wasn't declared right up until the screen where you go to Paypal. I bought the plug anyway (it rules) but with just about every other website including VAT into an advertised price it's a bit wack and, dare I say it, a tiny bit misleading.

Please don't take this as a complaint, please take this as some constructive criticism. I would rather know about a higher price from the very beginning of any purchase consideration than be hit with it right before I part with my cash.

Safe. I'm off to run my whole musical life through the preamp, hopefully it will turn them all into number ones!

dj!

• 112dB
Re: VAT not advertised??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:16:13 AM »
Hi,

sorry for the confusion.  This is a known problem with our online store that happens only occasionally--and unfortunately to you.  What's happening is that the store initially thinks from your IP address that you're outside the EU (where we don't have to charge VAT) so it quotes you prices in USD without VAT.  Then upon checkout it realizes from your shipping address that you *are* in the EU after all, and so it applies the VAT as an afterthought.

We will in time address this somehow (though it's not that easy), until then please accept our apologies and take some comfort in the fact that you got a slightly lower price even with the VAT then you would if the store had correctly located you.  (Not a big difference but still... :)

Take care & thanks much for your praise of Preamp,

-- dj!

aikon

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 01:33:53 PM »
that you're outside the EU (where we don't have to charge VAT

so if I'm from eastern Europe, VAT won't be charged then?

nousch

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:29:19 PM »
Yes, even if you are from a country within the European Union VAT is included in the price. The problem used to be that our website showed a different price if you had to pay VAT, but we couldn't determine that with 100% accuracy until you filled in your country. Which could lead to an unexpected price change at checkout. We fixed that a while ago in a very simple way: by making the price the same for everyone, independent if they had to pay VAT or not.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB