Author Topic: new products vs old bugs  (Read 6591 times)

eesn

• Newbie+
new products vs old bugs
« on: August 14, 2009, 09:24:07 PM »
So, we see new Redline products coming out from 112db, while some of the older ones still have (sometimes critical) bugs. This is understandable, but treat this topic as a polite nudge. The Redline Monitor in particular is an excellent plugin, but users still keep reporting crashes... Please don't let development of new plugins take away from the time to polish the established ones.

dj!

• 112dB
Re: new products vs old bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »
Thanks for the nudge.

As you may or may not have heard I've been out of the game for a while because of some medical issues so perhaps something slipped my mind, but I'm not aware of any long standing bugs related to Redline Monitor.  There *is* the issue where some users report that double clicking a knob to manually enter a value doesn't work but that appears to happen to all our plugins and I simply haven't been able to reproduce or fix this yet--it's really hard to when I've no idea what's happening.  I admit it's a very annoying bug for those who suffer from it but it's not exactly difficult to work around.

A forum check also didn't reveal much, unless again I missed smt.  All reported crashes are waiting for additional info from the users involved, and TBH from the symptoms reported I suspect that many of those crashes involve cracks--which would explain why we never heard back from the people who reported them.

If you experienced a crash and submitted an automatic crash report please post or email a message about that as well.  The various cracked versions of our plugins appear to be highly unstable, and we get so many crash reports submitted from cracks that I simply cannot check every incoming report anymore--analyzing those dumps takes a fair amount of time.

If however something did slip my mind, please do remind me and we'll work on it.

Take care,

-- dj!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:18:25 AM by dj! »

aikon

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 01:32:50 PM »
So, we see new Redline products coming out from 112db, while some of the older ones still have (sometimes critical) bugs. This is understandable, but treat this topic as a polite nudge. The Redline Monitor in particular is an excellent plugin, but users still keep reporting crashes... Please don't let development of new plugins take away from the time to polish the established ones.

Is the issue still an issue? Cuz I'm thinking of purchase, undecided on anything at the moment, and critical bugs are... hm, decisive.

nousch

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:35:38 PM »
As far as we know all bugs have been fixed, but we always recommend to try the demo version first. It's always possible that your set-up is in some ways special, and that there is something we have overlooked. If there happens to be an issue, you can contact us and we'll try to fix it.

--nousch

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB