Author Topic: Redline Monitor and PT 8.0.1 System Usage Spikes /G5  (Read 6407 times)

shiftedmusic

• Beta Tester
  • Newbie+
Redline Monitor and PT 8.0.1 System Usage Spikes /G5
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »
Using redline monitor on a G5 it seems that this one plug in adds about 15-20% more CPU usage.  I am currently using it in the initial demo period.

When in the final stages of mixing on my old G5 this plug in and the resulting added cpu load slows the screen redraws and mouse movements.

I have 6.5 gigs of ram, and a very optimized system trying to get the most out of this old thing.  No spotlight, airport, bluetooth, dashboard and a small OS partition, disk warrior rebuilt directory and defragmented and backed up regularly on a machine only used for Pro Tools.

But I know this is an old computer.  My question is does this same CPU spikes happen on a newer computer?

Knowing I will get a new computer soon I will buy it if it is more optimized for a intel mac.

Or is there a plug in compatibility issue?

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Redline Monitor and PT 8.0.1 System Usage Spikes /G5
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 03:07:55 PM »
Hmmm... that's a tough one.  The CPU usage definitely sounds like too much, but I don't have much experience with the G5 to be honest.  Could you try setting the Distance to 0m and see what that brings?

And are these actual spikes or is the additional CPU load pretty constant?

Thanks,

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB