Author Topic: No effect with Redline preamp  (Read 7915 times)

lvss

• Newbie+
No effect with Redline preamp
« on: May 29, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »
Hi, I downloaded the demo version and installed it to try... The installation and registration were all right and I restart the host program (Ableton Live 8). After all that, I dont see any effect with all the presets, no distotion, nothing... Any help ?

lvss

• Newbie+
Re: No effect with Redline preamp
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 03:24:00 AM »
Any help ?

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:13:37 AM »
I have a feeling that you're expecting something that Preamp isn't.  It's decidedly not a distortion unit but an emulation of an analogue-style preamp--in order words, it subtly colors the audio and doesn't do anything in-your-face.

To increase its coloration do what you would with a regular hardware preamp: crank up the input level, if necessary by adding a gain plugin before Preamp.  The most extreme preset (from the top of my head) is called Beyond Repair so try that first--if it still doesn't change the sound there's something wrong, in which case please report back here and we'll troubleshoot.

Hope this helps,

-- dj!

lvss

• Newbie+
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 01:01:45 PM »
Got it.. Thanks a lot

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB