Author Topic: Troubles after purchase [Help]  (Read 8330 times)

3rd-i

Troubles after purchase [Help]
« on: April 19, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »
Hi,

OK, the trial period ran out a couple of months ago and so, I decided to buy Morgana.

I went through the process of uninstalling the trial version and doing a fresh reinstall. Downloaded my new license, saved it to desktop, started up FL Studio, attempted to launch Morgana; which launched the open dialog box - I located the license.xml file, clicked open, then FL Studio locks up and CTD after about 20 seconds.

After several more attempts with the same result, I decided to put my problem solving hat on. I re-downloaded the the install and license; thinking one or both may have been corrupted. I then Uninstalled, reinstalled and attempted to activate Morgana again to no avail: the same thing happened - FL locked up and shortly after CTD. So I went searching through the registry, in an attempt to locate and remove any reference to the trial .xml, but had no luck there; I couldn't find it.

Oh well, I thought, this may be an FL issue. I launched Ableton, rescan the VST folder, Morgana pops ups after the scan, I dragged her into the arrange window and received this error message "Failed to create VST "Morgana." The VST Plug-in could not be located. Please check your File/Folder Preferences."... By this time (a couple of hours) I have had enough and gave up.

So, what on earth am I doing or have done wrong? I generally sort these little problems out myself, but this one's really got me. Apart from a couple of little bugs with the plug-in itself, I certainly never had any issues activating/registering the trial version... A little help please?

My system specs are...

Operating System: Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64-bit

Anti-virus/Security: Norton 360 2009 (Won't be renewing 360, I'll be going back to IS 2010 instead)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4

Processor: Intel i7 920

Memory:  Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 X2 (12GB)

Videocard: GeForce 8800GT

Soundcard: NI Audio Kontrol 1 (Sounds great, but has a few annoying issues... Focusrite upgrade coming soon)

Hosts: Ableton Live 8 (mostly)  & FL Studio 9

Cheers

Dan

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Troubles after purchase [Help]
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:49:59 PM »
Hi,

and sorry to hear about your troubles.  From your description I can't tell what the problem is, it sounds to me like you're doing everything right.  It might be helpful if you could email the contents of Start > All Programs > 112dB > Morgana > Troubleshooting > Error log to <support@[lotsofdB].com>--there's a chance that might give me smt to go on.

Shd you feel in the mood for troubleshooting, you can remove all traces of Morgana from your system by deleting the following locations:
  • Program Files\112dB\Morgana
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\112dB\Morgana
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\112dB\Morgana

The only thing I can think of right now is to try running your host in Administrator mode and see if that changes anything--though if the demo worked fine I can't imagine it does.

Thanks,

-- dj!

3rd-i

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:33:07 AM »
Hi dj!

Thanks mate... I took your advise from above and your email. It's all good, got it working again. ;D

Cheers

Dan

3rd-i

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 07:35:45 AM »
Me again,

I forgot to ask. Any news on updates?

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB