Author Topic: Morgana Crashing Frequently  (Read 6143 times)

rhendry

• Newbie+
Morgana Crashing Frequently
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:58:45 PM »
Hey 112db,
After a few hours with Morgana today Its sort of obvious its not stable on OSX. Im ok with the browse pacthes not being able to find samples which happens just about every time,  its the almost certain crash I get when looking around for sounds either in the browser or the load sample page thats the real Morgana cave in.  This afternoon I would say Ive had around 6 crashes which alwasy bring Cubase down as well. Im only tryiing to load a sound.

I read somewhere 112db use  Cubase 4 but  there is always a chance something is different between 4 and 5 that could affect Morgana?

OSX 10.5.7
Cubase 5

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:35:05 PM by rhendry »

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Morgana Crashing Far To Frequently
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
Hmm... it *is* possible.  (Ok, we really need to make work of that Cubase 5 upgrade.)  If you get a crash report could you send that to <support@[lotsofdB].com> so we can investigate?  Crashes are unforgiveable no matter which way you look at it.  The crashes all appear to be browser related?  Is there any reproducible recipe to this madness?

Thanks,

-- dj!

rhendry

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:56:50 AM »
Hi DJ,

I dont get a cubase crash report, but I have had the apple crash log come upa few times. Is that the one you mean?

Yeah, I think you may need to get Cubase 5. Doesnt Steinberg give developers the software free?

I think its a great sampler you got there but the crashing is putting me off purchasing its. I know your a small company and I tend to like supporting the small guys...but I kinda need stuff to work..most of the time.   8)

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »
Hey there,

yes, the Apple crash log is what I was referring to in fact.  If you could send it to support@[lotsofdB].com that'd be great.

Unfortunately, Steinberg is the only host developer that doesn't give out NFR copies to developers so we're forced to buy it at the regular price just for troubleshooting issues like this.  Silly really but there you are.

Thanks & let's figure this out,

-- dj!

rhendry

• Newbie+
Re: Morgana Crashing Frequently
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 07:34:24 PM »
Thats a shame about Steinberg. They really can be a difficult company at times. YOu would imagine that they would be happy to give devlopers a copy for testing plugins which does use teh VST protocl at least. I mean they did invent it after all.

OK, as I play around with Morgana I will save those Crash Logs. I thik I did when I was using it on Thursday will have to check if I still have them.

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Morgana Crashing Frequently
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 07:50:50 AM »
Thanks in advance!

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB