Author Topic: Morgana GUI Seriously Slowing system in FL studio 8  (Read 9392 times)

deadsinatra

• Newbie+
Morgana GUI Seriously Slowing system in FL studio 8
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »
Hi- was wondering if anyone can help me at all. I am using Morgana 1.2.7 with FL studio 8. The problem is that whenever the plugin window is open the entire system becomes incredibly sluggish and slow to respond. The windows task manager also reports 60% CPU usage (that is with no other additional plugins running). When the window is closed everything is fine, and sample triggering  and audio from Morgana works fine.

I don't think it is a problem with my system, as it is a dual-core athlon x2 2.2 GHZ with 3 GB of RAM which should be more than adequate to run Morgana. I also use many other VSTi's without experiencing a problem like this. Has anybody else experienced this at all? Is it a known issue that is being worked on at all?

Many thanks in advance for any advice that could help me.

Just tested the plugin in another application and the same problem occurs, so I guess it must be an issue with my system and not the sequencer.
My system is Amd Athlonx2 4200 cpu, Asus M2V-MX SE Motherboard, 3 GB 667 ddr2 ram, M-audio delta audiophile 192 soundcard, UAD-1 DSP card, UAD-2 Solo DSP card. Onboard Via VGA adaptor. I am on Windows XP Pro SP2.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:20:24 PM by deadsinatra »

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Morgana GUI Seriously Slowing system in FL studio 8
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:00:52 AM »
Hi & sorry to hear about your troubles.  I'm not sure what would be causing this--we've had one similar report (but in Live 8) though seeing that it occurs in multiple hosts on your system that sort of rules out the host.

Could you double click the attached "Diagnostics ON" registry file and say Yes a couple of times?  The next time Morgana loads it shd display three graphs on the left--if you could post a screenshot of what they look like when the system is sluggish that might give me a clue about what's going on.

Thanks & take care,

-- dj!

deadsinatra

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:14:53 PM »
Hi thanks for the reply. I was unable to get a clear screenshot of the diagnostics graphs unfortunately. If I relay the following information to you will this help?

Engine: Average 0.68% Peak 0.78%
Editor: Average 99.85% Peak 203.25 %
Midi: Avearage 0.00% Peak 0.00%

These were the most constant values. the colour of the engine and midi graphs were green, the colour of the editor red. I presume red is not healthy. Thanks for your help.
Dan

Hi again, the problem is definitely an issue with the intagrated Via Graphics chip on my motherboard. I today put my ATI PCIE Graphics card back in my PC and Morgana worked fine with no problems. The downside to this is that I removed the graphics card as it for some reason conflicts with my uad-2 solo card (the system won't even start up with both in the machine) which is why I removed it and reverted to the motherboards' Graphics Chip. I have tried everything to get them to co-exist (upgrading power supply, IRQ settings etc) and universal audio haven't been able to suggest a solution.

Is it a problem that is logistically practical for you to resolve? As I appreciate I seem to be the only one with this problem. Would you be able to confirm whether or not it can be solved? Otherwise I will have to choose between keeping graphics card in system so Morgana works but lose UAD-2 card, or lose graphics card and Morgana to keep UAD-2 card. I think the choice will have to be Morgana if need be, as all credit to you, it sounds amazing and has become my favourite VSTi.

Thanks
Dan
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:54:49 PM by deadsinatra »

deadsinatra

• Newbie+
Re: Morgana GUI Seriously Slowing system in FL studio 8 Now Resolved
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 09:55:36 PM »
Hi DJ, the problem has now been sorted. I adjusted some settings in Windows Control panel for my motherboard's graphics chip (Bitmap Acceleration Disabled to be exact) and now Morgana's editor window does not slow the system and uses a much more manageable 10% cpu power when open. I am sorry to have troubled you , it didn't occur to me to adjust the control panel settings in the first instance as I'm not a computer expert. Anyway I am now a happy man as I can use UAD-2 card with my favourite Vsti. There is just one thing you could help me with-how do you remove the diagnostics graphs?

Many Thanks
Dan

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 06:30:37 AM »
Hi Dan,

many MANY thanks for figuring that out--to be honest I very much doubt I would have been able to troubleshoot this.  For future reference (and perhaps other who run into the same problem) could you give me an exact description of what setting you changed, from what to what, or even send me a screenshot?  That would be MUCH appreciated.

Great to hear it works now!

To get rid of the CPU meters just use the Diagnostics OFF registry file from the same attachment.  :)

Take care,

-- dj!

deadsinatra

• Newbie+
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »
Hi, sorry it took a while to reply. I corrected the problem by going into control panel >Display>settings>advanced>troubleshoot>Hardware Acceleration slider set to disable cursor and bitmap accelerations.

Cheers,
Dan

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB