Author Topic: Morgana Unexpectedly Quits In OSX/SampLink Issue  (Read 5187 times)

malchris

• Newbie+
Morgana Unexpectedly Quits In OSX/SampLink Issue
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:38:11 AM »
I'm experiencing some issues with Morgana Demo 1.2.3; Digital Performer 6.1; Mac OSX 10.4.11; G5 Dual 1.8; 4GB RAM. When using Morgana, DP sporadically but regularly will "unexpectedly quit" (like Synchro's experience, described elsewhere in this forum). Also, when double-clicking controls on the GUI to enter numerical values, the fields remain open regardless of where I click after I've entered a value; I must close and reopen Morgana, my values aren't retained. Sometimes the fields remain open no matter what I do; I click save and close DP, the windows and transport disappear; the commands are grayed out, the DP app remains open, and the open control field remains on the screen. I must then force quit DP.

I also use SampLink 1.1.0. When I click on "Connection 1" I'm able to write a name in the field. But the field doesn't close after I type the name; it remains open regardless of where I click, and remains open until I close the window. When I right click on Morgana to access the drop down menu and choose the input source, the name I typed isn't referenced; rather it offers Connection 1 (or 2-4). When I click save and close DP, the windows and transport disappear; the commands are grayed out, the DP app remains open, and the open Connection field remains on the screen. I must then force quit DP.

I'd definitely like to own Morgana but I'm hesitant to take the plunge. I can live without naming connections, but this unexpected quitting/regular force-quitting thing is a red flag. (Or maybe, with some time, the software will "settle in" -- happens all the time. But maybe not...)

I understand that 112dB is planning a 12 bit sampler. Will registered Morgana users be eligible for a free/discounted "upgrade"?

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:55:46 AM by malchris »

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Morgana Unexpectedly Quits In OSX/SampLink Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 07:02:45 PM »
Hi,

thanks for your detailed problem report!  I am aware that on certain (most of which PowerPC) setups Morgana is misbehaving quite badly, and will definitely look into each and every one of the problems you describe.  The complicating factor is that no matter what I try I can't reproduce any of these problems on my test rigs--by which I don't mean to imply that they're not there, just that that's why they haven't been fixed yet. 

If necessary I'd like to contact you privately with a beta build to see whether it fixes your issues--if that's OK with you of course.  For starters if you could send me a crash report from DP (either through PM or by email) that would be very helpful to see if I can infer anything from it.  For the moment I can only reiterate that I am fully dedicated to getting rid of these bugs, so if you'd be willing to do a little testing to pinpoint the problem I'm sure we can get Morgana 100% stable on your setup.

There will be both a 12 bit successor to Morgana and a separate 12 bit sampler, more details in due time.  We will certainly offer an upgrade path for registered users for the former, and possibly--read: possibly :)--a loyalty discount for the latter.

Take care & thanks again for bringing this to my attention,

-- dj!

malchris

• Newbie+
Re: Morgana Unexpectedly Quits In OSX/SampLink Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:09:19 PM »
I waited for 1.2.7 and tried again. DP 6.02 crashed almost immediately after I chose the demo license from my desktop -- I attributed this to finicky new software. I reopened DP then CONTROL-clicked a fader to test Morgana. The fine-adjustment field remained open, regardless of the active window e.g. it remained on my desktop even after I closed the main DP window(s). I tried several times to quit DP via the menu, but ended up having to force-quit. 

Just so you don't think I'm whining dead weight, I recently purchased a license for Redline Monitor; I love that software.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 01:53:29 AM by malchris »

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB