Author Topic: Montana Crashing and Feauture Request  (Read 4633 times)

peodepitte

• Newbie+
Montana Crashing and Feauture Request
« on: August 01, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »
Hello there

I downloaded the demo yesterday and I'm glad you guys put together a plug-in like this!

I do have some problems after installing it in Mac Os X 10.4.11 with Logic 8.02.

1. Drag and drop audio files crashes logic and the plug. First time okay, if I then initzialize the plug and drag and drop a new file. Logic crashes.

2. After 10-15 minutes garbled letters is seen in the window and no sound can be heard. I have to take off the plug to put it in again but loose all settings.

3. This morning demo said 9 days left, it was 30 days left yesterday when I installed it. Right now it's telling me it's 8 days left?

Version is 1.2.3 demo and freshly installed. I would like to buy it but it's too shaky right now, I can barely use it. How is development of bug-fixes looking in the future?

Also I was wondering if there are any plans to implement an SP-12. SP-1200 filter to it. I used to record things in high pitch with some distortion on the SP-12 to get a certain bit-crushed sound, almost like a little tone in the beginning. Listen to this soundfile of a kick created in SP-12, the attack has a certain tone-kiick which is so recognizable of the SP-12 and EMU.

http://funlabrecordings.com/montana/

Best

Peo

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Montana Crashing and Feauture Request
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »
Hi Peo,

thanks for your comments and bug report! 

1. I am aware that there are some bugs left (most notably in the OS X version) and I'm fully committed to eliminating them.  Unfortunately I cannot reproduce them on any of my test systems, and to be able to fix them I either need to make them happen here or get a good understanding of what causes them pluys someone who would be willing to do some testing on these bugs.  Until now everybody who reported these bugs didn't follow up on them, so I did some thinking and perhaps it might be a good idea to offer some incentive.  Please check this forum later today, I'll post a separate announcement on the topic of open bugs.

2. This is one I haven't heard before.  Could it be it happens after approx 30 mins?  In that case it would be the demo version disabling itself--it shd display a message to that effect but perhaps weird happens on your setup there?  If you're sure it happens after only 10 mins a screenshot of the GUI would be helpful.

3. Another new one for me.  Strange but I'll send you a license renewal by email.

As for the SP-12/1200 type filter, I don't think this will be added to Morgana--I don't want to add too many options that would make it less focused--but you *will* be catered for!  That's about all I can reveal for now, but there shd be news in about 2~3 months.

Take care,

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB