Author Topic: Redline EQ plugin problems  (Read 6997 times)

JKC

• Newbie+
Redline EQ plugin problems
« on: May 20, 2011, 05:31:23 PM »
I've been using Redline EQ as a VST plugin in Izotope RX Advanced with no problems.  Now I have a client who wants me to clean up a Final Cut Pro project, so I want to use the AU version in Soundtrack Pro.  Using it in a multitrack project, everything seems OK when I play the tracks, but when I export the mix I get a garbled sound -- sort of like someone trying to gargle water and talk at the same time.  If I turn off Harmonic Distortion, the problem goes away.

Next I tried using it as an AU plugin in Izotope RX Advanced.  This is a major failure.  After a few clicks on controls, the UI freezes up, and I have to force quit the program.

Any of the Apple AU plugins which came with Soundtrack Pro work fine in Izotope.

I'm a recent convert to Mac, so the only other program I have that supports plugins is Amadeus Pro.  When using the Redline EQ as an AU plugin, the UI works OK, but I sometimes get the same garbled sound I heard with Soundtrack Pro.  When that happens, turning off Harmonic Distortion fixes the problem; then I can turn it back on and it sounds OK.  Sometimes, it seems to work OK right from the start.

Redline EQ works OK as a VST plugin in Amadeus Pro.

My computer is a recent Mac Mini with 2.4 GHz Core 2 duo and 5 GB of memory, running OS X 10.6.6.  Total CPU utilization remains below 20% when running the plugin, and I've got plenty of free memory.

I know Soundtrack Pro is a brain-damaged program, but using it for this project does considerably simplify my workflow.  Any hints about how I might get Redline EQ to work as an AU plugin?

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB