Author Topic: Is it only the EQ DEMO that has latency with Logic 9 ?  (Read 5428 times)

camillo jr

• Newbie+
Is it only the EQ DEMO that has latency with Logic 9 ?
« on: April 20, 2011, 06:47:57 PM »
I've been using the demo version in Logic 9.1.1 and I really like this EQ a lot. It has almost everything I want in an EQ (an AB preset button would be icing on the cake). There's unfortunately a couple of things I don't want and one is the latency. I'm confused about this issue; basically, is the EQ is supposed to have a big lag when I use the bypass? I'm only using the plug as a minimal phase EQ - knob is set straight up - and rarely using the saturation either. The latency is rather distracting when the song lurches every time I engage or disengage the bypass to AB with the un-EQed version.

The other issue is that Logic has been crashing regularly since I've installed this plug. Anyone else getting that? I'm still on OSX 10.5.8.

I had a lot of opportunity to use this EQ right at the final mixing and mastering stages on two projects. It transformed the mastering process and was great on individual tracks within the projects. Kudos to 112 db for their very generous demo period! That really allows for some serious evaluation. Hopefully there is some combo of this plug and Logic that will work with proper latency compensation and with out crashes. If so, I would buy this plug without reservation.

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
Re: Is it only the EQ DEMO that has latency with Logic 9 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:41:13 PM »
I thought Logic HAD ADC?  I'm not a Logic user....In Pro Tools LE there is latency...LOTS....and it's prevented me from fully using this great EQ.  What it needs is a lookahead knob. 

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB