Author Topic: any news about a no latency version ?  (Read 8690 times)

invid4

• Beta Tester
  • Yeah ! Playing keyboard is so goooooood !
any news about a no latency version ?
« on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:27 PM »
Hello
I was wondering if there had still any ploan for a no latency version of Redline Eq anytime soon ?
Thank you !
Best regards

Mljung

Re: any news about a no latency version ?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:04:11 AM »
I wanna know too - Redline EQ is somewhat slow, I would adore a no latency switch!

Kind regards,
Mads

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 01:53:42 AM »
A no- or low-latency mode is definitely planned for v2, but I can't give an ETA at this point.

Take care,

-- dj!

Cubasemastersx

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 04:54:24 PM »
I wait for this...I hope it comes as sooner as possible...i'm really disappointed with the plugs performance...it sounds good, but protools don't seem to like it...

orbit1

• Newbie+
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:16:26 AM »
I really like the 112db stuff so dj, I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, but a good EQ that can switch from a linear phase/high latency mode to zero latency (non-linear phase) is Fabfilter's Pro Q. You can simply select the operation mode from a little box at the bottom of the window.

I don't imagine this would be too difficult to implement. Of course the colouration would need to be calculated differently. Surely though the differences between models is simple the bell curve and a touch of saturation and wouldn't be too hard to re-jig.

Either way, I'm a fan of the 112dB stuff and once this particular latency issue is sorted with Redline Equaliser, I will add this to my arsenal.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
First off, thanks for your praise!  Unfortunately changing the EQ to zero latency is a far from trivial matter.

In a nutshell the way our EQ works internally is completely different from "other" EQs--this is what makes the variable phase, different EQ curves, and dynamic behavior possible in the first place.  However it also means that the latency was taken as a prerequisite in implementing those features.

We do have some ideas on how (some of) the functionality could be implemented with zero latency, but at this point it's a) in an experimental stage and b) not even clear whether it is fully possible at all.  Rest assured that if and when we succeed version 2 will see the light of day. :)

Thanks & take care,

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB