Author Topic: 1.0.3 Update still shows as 1.0.2 version/next to autogain 0.0dB blinks  (Read 8082 times)

Emeth

• Newbie+
dj. The new update still shows as 1.0.2 version at the bottom plus the 0.0dB reading next to autogain switch dynamically blinks :o

My setup: Toshiba Qosmio G40-108 full specs at

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=UK&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&PRODUCT_ID=131017

, Vista SP2, Reaper 3.161, Motu 828MKIII etc.

dj!

• 112dB
Re: 1.0.3 Update still shows as 1.0.2 version/next to autogain 0.0dB blinks
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:02:24 PM »
Strrrrrange...

The fact that it reads 1.0.2 shows for certain that the update somehow didn't come through.  I'd suggest uninstalling the plugin manually (from Start > All Programs > 112dB) and then (to make double sure) manually delete C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Redline Equalizer.dll--it could alternatively reside in Program Files (x86).  Then run the update again and let me know if it still refuses to go to 1.0.3. :)

Take care,

-- dj!

Emeth

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 12:05:56 AM »
Hi dj. I've done all that, still shows 1.0.2 although the plug itself is 1.0.3 with a new Vintage skin.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »
What happens if you right-click on the 112dB logo at the bottom?  If you right-click anywhere (except for the EQ screen) on the GUI, does the popup menu have a "Spectrum display" entry?  If so it's definitely 1.0.3 you're looking at--perhaps it just announces itself as 1.0.2?

If that's not it either: are you running Vista x32 or x64?

-- dj!

Mljung

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 01:21:46 PM »
Mine says 1.0.2 too.

I reinstalled and it didn't help - but it seems that I lost my presets too...!? Anyway to get those back?

Before the installation the knobs to the right [Input, output, phase etc.] had disappeared too, but they're back now!

It's a fine EQ but still a little buggy it seems.

::
Mads

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 02:47:18 PM »
Turns out that the version showing as 1.0.2 is a mistake--not sure how or what but just pretend it reads 1.0.3. :)  It's a cosmetic issue only and doesn't affect the plugin in any way.

The knobs disappearing ranks among the weirdest things I've heard in quite some time... just glad to hear they came back on their own I suppose.

And finally, when you say presets do you mean the factory presets or your own?  If the latter, how and where did you save them before the upgrade?

Thanks,

-- dj!

Mljung

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 06:41:59 PM »
Well I meant my own presets - I may be confused about the preset management in the plug-in. But I just found a bank bank preset file. Maybe you could add a feature so one can save single presets and not only banks - I would love that.
The knobs disappearing hmm, all I can tell was that it happened after I tried the so called vintage skin :-O Anyway - I had to return to the original, and sometime after that the knobs was gone - the reinstall fixed that!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:44:08 PM by Mljung »

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »
Maybe you could add a feature so one can save single presets and not only banks - I would love that.

That would in fact be exceedingly simple to implement so I'll put it on the wishlist.

The knobs disappearing hmm, all I can tell was that it happened after I tried the so called vintage skin

Oh but of course, that explains everything! Don't you recall, way back in the '80s when those 19 inch FX were losing their knobs all the time? :)  

Errr... I have no clue what happened there but glad it went away.  If the same problem ever rears its ugly head again, shoot!

Take care,

-- dj!

Mljung

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 10:24:52 PM »
:-)
Best,
M

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB