Author Topic: Morgana won't load in Logic (part 1)  (Read 4549 times)

refinery

• Newbie+
Morgana won't load in Logic (part 1)
« on: March 24, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
i downloaded the demo as i have been eagerly awaiting a OS X version...
sadly though it seems like this isnt working...
there isnt an actual AU component, just an alias to the vst.
Logic 8 doesnt see the the AU plugin, and also FXPansion's VST to AU converter refuses to acknowledge the VST version as well.
any tips for how to get it working?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:34:03 PM by dj! »

dj!

• 112dB
Morgana won't load in Logic
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:04:33 AM »
Sorry to hear that but don't worry, we'll work it out.

The AU component just consisting of an alias to the VST folder is by design--we build our plugins to a hybrid VST/AU format that loads as both VST and AU.  Besides facilitating building, this has the advantage of saving disk space by only having to install one plugin version.

Anyway.  What OSX version are you running?  If it's 10.3.x (Panther), currently Morgana only supports Tiger and Leopard.  Panther compatibility will be added in a--hopefully the next--maintenance update.

For diagnosis purposes, could you open a Terminal (from /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app), type the following followed by <Enter> and copy/paste the output here?

auval -vt aumu 112d

Also the Console log from running Logic 8 might help me to troubleshoot what's wrong.

Thanks!

-- dj!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:33:39 PM by dj! »

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB