Author Topic: Saving User Presets?  (Read 5480 times)

jj0b

• Newbie+
Saving User Presets?
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:06:10 PM »
Hi,

First of all want to say how much I love the sound of this reverb! Thank you.

I am using the plugin in Live 8.01  on a MacBook Pro  running OSX 10.5.5.

I am having trouble saving my own presets. In the user manual it shows that there should be an "Others" folder to store presets into but this doesn't exist on my system nor can I find a way to create one. I have looked in the usual places to find where the default presets are stored. I have checked  both /Library/Audio/Plugins/Redline and ~/Library/Audio/Plugins/Redline but they are both empty and creating folders in either does nothing for me.

I want to be able to have a folder to store my own presets or mods of the factory ones to. Is this possible and if so how?

Appreciate your help.

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Saving User Presets?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:48:04 AM »
The "Others" folder shown in the manual is perhaps a bit confusing. 

At present there are 112 preset slots, and to save your own preset simply edit one of the factory presets, rename it and (if you want to store it beyond the song you're working on) select "Save presets".  De facto you're overwriting the factory presets.  All these operations are available from a right (or control) click on the GUI.

If you want your own presets to end up in the "Others" category, just name your preset "Others/My Fabulous Preset" (with a slash between the category and the preset name proper).

We'll be looking into a way to actually add presets to the existing ones instead of only overwriting what's there.

Hope this helps,

-- dj!

jj0b

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 06:56:58 AM »
I am still unable to save a preset.

In Ableton Live I add a Redline Reverb. I edit the Large Hall preset from the Redline 480L folder. The name then has an * beside it because I have changed the preset.

At this point I have tried several methods to try and save my patch.

1. Right-click on the preset name and select Copy preset to -> Redline 480L -> Large Hall. This overwrites the original Large Hall preset and the * goes away. For as long as I keep this instance of Redline Reverb I can use and come back to my version of Large Hall. The problem is that if I delete this instance of Redline Reverb I lose my version of Large Hall. The presets just revert back to factory settings if I open another instance.

2. Right-click on the preset name and select Save presets. This opens a finder. I navigate to ~/Library/Audio/Presets/112dB/ and enter Others/My Large Hall and hit save. This has absolutely no effect. The * is still present in the preset name and if I close the reverb and open a new one I am still looking at factory settings. Nothing gets saved to ~/Library/Audio/Presets/112dB/

The only folder I can find on my Mac that has to do with Redline is ~/Library/Audio/Presets/112dB/. Is there somewhere else that I should try saving to that may work? Appreciate your help.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 08:49:39 AM »
To be honest I can't figure out where things go wrong... what you describe is precisely how it shd work (and works here--I just checked to make sure).

A few minor details that perhaps make a difference:

• After selecting "Save Presets...", try to save to your Desktop instead.  Also don't include a "/" in the name to save as, just call it "Redline Reverb Presets" (or smt along those lines) for now.
  • When you open a new instance, it will load the factory presets.  If you want to use your saved presets you need to right click, select "Load Presets..." and then navigate to the saved file.  (Perhaps we shd add an option to allow for a default user set of presets to be loaded at startup.)

Let me know whether that helps.

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB