Author Topic: Those blue dots...?  (Read 6065 times)

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
Those blue dots...?
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:39:02 AM »
      I'm getting the same blue dots on the far right hand side controls that I reported concerning Morgana on my system in PT8.  They're at the 10 o'clock point of every control on that side and one on the far left top next to the logo.  What's with those dots?

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Those blue dots...?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 06:53:42 AM »
I honestly have no clue... basically it's Pro Tools telling the plugin to color those controls blue (similar to green for automated controls etc.) and the plugin slavishly complying.  But *why*...?!  I'm taking that functionality out since no one seems to know what it's for and it looks stupid. :)

-- dj!

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »
     You mean like an on/off button light?  But why am I not getting this on any other plugin I have?  Only Morgana and the EQ have this gui issue.  You did something right with the RM and RR because they don't have them.....???? :)

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 06:35:01 AM »
If only I had a clue!  The weird thing is that 100% of the RTAS code (and about 95% of all code, for that matter) is shared between all plugins so I can't even begin to speculate why this would only occur in Morgana and the Equalizer.  I'll see if I can find something that they have in common but that the Monitor and Reverb lack, but for now I'll just disable the blue highlighting--nobody seems to have any idea what it's for (even if it were to work properly) anyway. :)

Take care,

-- dj!

Izzi

• Newbie+
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »
I would assume it's for controlling/automating the plug-in from a control surface like the Digi 003?

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 08:37:09 AM »
Something along those lines, probably.  But why Pro Tools keeps telling Morgana and/or Equalizer to highlight those controls is still beyond me, especially since it happens only to some--two, to my knowledge--users and there appears to be no way to enable or disable them?   ???

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB