Author Topic: Need "West End Girls" pad sample  (Read 7800 times)

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
Need "West End Girls" pad sample
« on: November 15, 2007, 01:12:37 AM »
     Since Morgana is now out of the gates officially we need to get this part of the forum going! 8)  Part of what makes Morgana so great is that it's not just a sample player like so many out there but that you can sample into it or TO it with Samplink! ;D  Or you can just load a sample into it!
      I'm doing my own version of "West End Girls"and though I'm using a patch of my own from the Linplug Alpha to make that pad sound I thought I'd see if there was anyone out there who has a sample of the pad sound heard in the original version of the song.  I believe it was done on an Emulator II originally so it would be a sample of a sample! :lol: I've listened closely and it sounds very close to a mellotron.  Anyone have a sample like that or know what it was?

Claude

Re: Need "West End Girls" pad sample
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:39:52 AM »
I'm not sure where that pad comes from, but it doesn't sound too tricky to reproduce. It could very well be an EII, that does seem to be the consensus anyway. I'll work on it this weekend, see if I can get something whipped up.

Hide

• Newbie+
    • Website = House-eey
Re: Need "West End Girls" pad sample
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 02:00:23 AM »
I believe it was done on an Emulator II originally so it would be a sample of a sample! :lol: I've listened closely and it sounds very close to a mellotron.  Anyone have a sample like that or know what it was?

I thought it was Oberheim or other synth sound... So, you mean it was sampled sound by Emu-II, right?

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB