Author Topic: Morgana update?  (Read 10547 times)

deadsinatra

• Newbie+
Morgana update?
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »
Hi,

I've noticed a lot of other 112db products have now been updated. Is an update of Morgana likely to be soon? Will it be compatible with OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard?

Kind regards,

Dan

deadsinatra

• Newbie+
Re: Morgana update?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 07:53:43 AM »
I guess not, then.

nousch

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:12:59 AM »
We don't know yet. Depends a bit on how fast the AAX development will be going. After that we will have a look at Morgana and if developing for Snow Leopard is still an option with the latest XCode.

--nousch

fridtjof

• Beta Tester
  • Newbie+
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 02:31:25 AM »
LOVE this instrument since it's so completely unique, still no alternative except for maybe the OP-1, but severe instability issues and the fact that it's been deserted since the tragic loss of dj has kept me from purchasing it.
I think the last time I demoed it it was 1.2.3 - so I'm curious to know if the current version at least somewhat works in Logic 9 (as in Logic will actually validate it).

Samplink also needs an update - does not even show up in Studio One.

BTW: Would love trying out the demo again. Once Morgana gets a juicy update (bigger GUI would be nice too) I'll buy it right away. I seriously think it was ahead of its time - today it would be a super hit with the whole hipster and dirty lofi scene. Today it would be a super hit!

deadsinatra

• Newbie+
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »
Logic 9 will validate the most recent version of Morgana on OSX 10.6, I'm not sure about later versions of OSX. The multi-outputs don't work, there are some CPU spikes, and it can also crash when editing sample start / end and loop points. It is still relatively usable however, but be aware there may be some stability issues.

Dan

bloodline

• Newbie+
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 12:47:30 PM »
We don't know yet. Depends a bit on how fast the AAX development will be going. After that we will have a look at Morgana and if developing for Snow Leopard is still an option with the latest XCode.

--nousch

I really want to buy Morgana and use it in Logic X, since my Roland W-30 died, I desperately want a nice old school Sampler :-)

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB