Author Topic: Morgana future  (Read 8964 times)

maky357

• Newbie+
Morgana future
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
I see that our great chief passed away. May he rest in peace.

Now i wonder what will happen with his amazing products such as Morgana? Is Morgana future ceased ? Can anyone give us some hints?

nousch

• Administrator
Re: Morgana future
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:50:26 PM »
I hope not! Look, I know what you're thinking, it's true that 112dB has always been a one man firm. Although the Reverb and Big Blue Limiter have been made in collaboration with Martijn Zwartjes and Leo Degen and Morgana was a coproduction with Claude Climer, Jules Vleugels (dj) has always been the driving force behind 112dB. But that doesn't mean it won't possible to continue 112dB (more or less) as it was. As dj's wife I find it very important to keep the products of 112dB alive, as an heresy to dj and all the energy and creativity he has put into them. And I hope to do this as much in dj's spirit as possible.  

Continuing 112dB means updating products when necessary, but also adding new features that have been suggested. Before we can do those things, however, there are a lot of legal and financial issues to take care of. Plus we have to find a capable programmer that can replace dj!, if that is any way possible. On the other hand, dj had been working on a lot of products simultaneously, and I know that one new plug-in and some updates were almost finished.

Luckily I don't have to solve everything on my own. I'm getting help and advice from 112dB's Leo and Martijn and dj's friends Ben (Camel Audio) and Jankoen (Audioease). And former 112dB's Claude also offered to help out when necessary with Morgana related issues.

At this moment however I can't tell you yet what will be done en when. The only thing I can promise, is that if it is up to me, there certainly will come an update for Morgana. I'll keep you posted!

Nousch
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:35:19 AM by nousch »

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
Re: Morgana future
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 12:20:34 PM »
Thank you nousch for the update and know that we very much appreciate the products Dj has brought to us all!  :)
Peace and Light to you.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB