Author Topic: 112dB.com is live!  (Read 9382 times)

Claude

112dB.com is live!
« on: October 18, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »
www.112db.com is now up with product information regarding Morgana!

Hooray!

That is all.

- Claude

shamann

Re: 112dB.com is live!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »
Fantastic. You should try to get a database entry in at KVR with a "coming soon" tag, too, might drum up some speculation.

Although, I guess since you haven't fully reached a feature freeze yet, you might be doing some editing in the next little while.

shamann

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 05:00:24 PM »
And just noticed "Each copy of Morgana sounds slightly different--just like analog hardware."

Does it really? That's a fun thing to hear.

Claude

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 08:24:31 PM »
Respectively,

-We will get a kvr entry very soon, probably next monday-ish. I'm still preparing the press kit and we'd like to have an announcement to go along with the database entry.

-We're not too worried about changing spec as it concerns public disclosure, any changes are likely to be additions or improvements.

-Yeah, we've programmed in some analog tolerances that are at least accurate to the 20yo+ *coughs* floating around. Upon installation, Morgana randomizes certain parameters within these tolerance ranges. So each installation of Morgana sounds slightly unique. We're actually doing a lot of little stuff like this (some of which is super-secret, of course!), the idea being that the cumulative effect will be to make the software feel more organic. 

shamann

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 08:54:05 PM »
If I install it twice on the same machine, will each instance sound slightly different?

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 09:42:57 PM »
Good qn!  I think at the moment de-installation will reset those parameters so yes, it will... I shd change that.  Especially since we're planning to add a Reset and some sort of Load/Save functionality for those parameters, so you can (a) change the character slightly, but also (b) make a different instance sound exactly the same--perhaps it shd simply save the data along with its settings when you save a song?

-- dj!

shamann

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 11:08:40 PM »
I kind of like the idea of being able to save/load those settings as a separate config file. That way you could swap your settings if needed with another user. It also might be cool to be able to recalculate those settings from the config page, so that you could create several profiles from which to choose. I think that kind of functionality would be in keeping with the current functionality of the non-destructive sample rate/mic gain.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB