Author Topic: In appreciation of Morgana  (Read 8666 times)

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
In appreciation of Morgana
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:55:17 AM »
     I just finished a new version Of "West End Girls", the Pet Shop Boys' classic from 1986 and I just couldn't have done it without Morgana.  I wanted to use a softsampler to trigger sounds and effects and have them panned this way and that...so I decided to put Morgana up against the UVI workstation and see what I could come up with using my samples(which I have many! ;D).  I ended up using a bit of both but it was Morgana that totally shone even against a softsampler that's got tons of effects.  The short blippy reverse sounds at the intro and behind the 1st and second verse were done with Mogana and a few of the other sounds that punctuate the song between verses and chorus and it was great to use a sampler that I'm sure Neil and Chris would have loved if it existed back in the '80's.  So check it out here on myspace, it's the first song in the list!
Thanks agin DJ for making this great instrument! ;)

http://www.myspace.com/273476107

dj!

• 112dB
Re: In appreciation of Morgana
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »
Thanks a ton for your kind words and it's really REALLY good to hear that!

Take care,

-- dj!

Edit: just listened to your version and all I can say is: wow!  I might actually prefer it over the original, I was never that partial to the PSB's vocals. :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:22:22 PM by dj! »

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 03:55:33 PM »
You're most welcome DJ  ;)  You're doing great work there.  Looking forward to working with the SP-112 when it's ready.  ;)
....and thanks for the kind words about my version of WEG!  You're not the only one who said that about the vocals being better....I think that they're technically better....but I'm a huge PSB fan and love Neils' voice.  Thanks!

DJ Ray

• Newbie+
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:55:08 AM »
Nice take on PSB.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB