Author Topic: Any chance of a mac release soon?  (Read 10782 times)

JDaniels

• Newbie+
Any chance of a mac release soon?
« on: July 04, 2007, 11:05:12 AM »
Ever since i sold my sp-12 and bought a mac, ive been missing some of that real grit that no bit crusher/reducer could provide!

In addition, im really looking forward to the simple and inspiring interface that morgana seems to provide.

so, ive been patiently waiting for some time, and was wondering if a mac release was planned anytime by the window's version?

Claude

Re: Any chance of a mac release soon?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 12:53:34 PM »
A mac release is imminent! We're already at an intermediate stage with the mac port, so it's actually possible that we'll see some kind of mac release concurrent with the PC release of Morgana. :)

JDaniels

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 01:00:39 AM »
oh wow, thats really good to know! cant wait for it!

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:14:59 PM »
     Please make it compatible with PT 6 as well as 7. It's my only request really for the Mac version and I'm really looking forward to using Morgana on my natural working platform.  Will there be a beta stage for the mac version or will it be just a public dual release?

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:45:31 PM »
There will be a beta for the Mac version though I suspect--shd I make that: hope?--that it'll be a short one.  The platform-specific code for Morgana (comprising mostly the GUI implementation) is very limited and completely separate from the "general" code--the overall framework, the audio engine, etc--so I really don't expect anything major to show up that hasn't been covered in the Windows beta already.

Knock on wood!  ;)

One disclaimer though: as i understand it PT 6.9 requires a completely different (CFM) binary format than the 7.x releases.  I will initially build for 7.0 and newer, but if at all feasible we will provide a PT 6.9 version after.  At the moment I don't exactly consider myself a Mac guru so I cannot at this point estimate how difficult that is going to be, but rest assured that the last thing we want is to exclude any part of our possible user base.

-- dj!

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:30:30 PM »
......hummm, well that sounds a little disconcerting.  While I could use Morgana in my small upstairs studio that uses a PC, I wouldn't be able to utilize it in my larger downstairs basement studio unless it was for 6.4 and above :(  I was hoping you'd make it compatible to 6.4 as it's the latest version of PT that will work with my Digi001 and I'll probably be with the 001 until next year maybe around this time when I might be able to go to the 002.....of course that's a big maybe as it's always a big cash squeeze for me.  One of my first posts asked specifically about this and you said there would be a 6 and 7 RTAS version:

http://112db.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7d90b5d486e31711ed7767ac1ea5b535&topic=174.0

Version 6.9 is for PT TDM and 002 users and is compatible with Panther 10.3, 6.9.2 was the first version that could work with Tiger if I'm not mistaken.  If you could somehow get Morgana to work with 6.4 on you'd be able to cover just about all us Digi users who could make use of Morgana.....it would mean a lot to us all if you did. 6.4 on 10.3.9 is about as rock solid you'll get with a Pro Tools setup IMHO.  Whatever you could do on this, DJ. would be great.  Thanks! ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 08:40:27 PM by Gothboy »

JDaniels

• Newbie+
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 06:05:23 AM »
Is the mac version going to be AU/MAS, VST or both? hopefully AU, as i use Digital Performer.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »
The Mac version will come in VST and AU flavors, plus RTAS provided we can convince Digidesign. :)

-- dj!

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 06:02:27 PM »
     Well,....If it ends up being a no go with Digidesign for an RTAS version there is a workaround.  Make the VST Mac version compatible with the VST-RTAS adapter from Fxspansion and it's all good. ;)  Just make sure to test it with version 1.06 of the adapter for those of us using PT6......! :)

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB