Author Topic: RTAS Mac version?  (Read 8531 times)

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
RTAS Mac version?
« on: May 15, 2007, 06:30:46 PM »
     I know this might be putting the cart before the horse, so to speak, but are there plans for the RTAS version of Morgana to work with Pro Tools 6 as well as 7?  I'd like to take part in the beta testing.  I've had the Morgana site bookmarked for a long time so I could check in and see how things were progressing with it.  I like the look of it and the potential.....I have plenty of softsynths but don't have a softsampler, only the one that comes with Reason.....I use a hardware sampler, mostly... but I'll be using 6.4 for a long while yet, so if the RTAS version comes out and it's incompatible with 6.4 there might be no point in my efforts...?  Do you guys know what's planned? :-\
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 06:36:53 PM by Gothboy »

Claude

Re: RTAS Mac version?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 03:27:30 AM »
dj! may be able to offer a more conclusive answer, but to the best of my understanding, we should be able to make Morgana compatible with PT 6 and 7. At least, we never have any specific plans to exclude compatibility. But it's dependent on a lot of things, one being the SDK that digi will have to provide us with in order for us to work on an RTAS port (which we don't have yet). It's possible (meaning I have no information to suggest or disprove the notion) that the SDK will not provide us with sufficient information to develop for older versions of RTAS.

At any rate, if PT 6 compatibility is feasible, it will happen. There are certainly a good number of installed PT 6 DAWs out there so we definitely don't want to lose that potential customer base if we can avoid it. Just to reiterate, we don't have the SDK for RTAS yet, so it might be a little while before any PT-compatible version sees the light of day. This is all purely hypothetical at this point.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 09:10:16 AM »
Just to essentially confirm what Claude said: if/when we get the thumbs up from Digi for an RTAS version I see no reason (neither from a business perspective nor from a technical viewpoint--I am relatively familiar with the ProTools SDK) why we shdn't support 6.4.  In fact we'd be happy to have you as a beta tester!  Please keep an eye on the forum, we'll announce this as soon as we know more.  Come to think of it, we shd really setup that newsletter--I've been meaning to but... so many tasks, so little time! :)

-- dj!

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:11:49 PM »
     Thanks guys for the replies and the info, much appreciated.  When you guys have a Mac beta I'd be happy to test it for you as I've done for a few other softsynth startups, so please keep me informed. 8)  Feel free to PM me an email address so I can contact you guys.  I'd like to get on the list of beta testers before the public beta comes out if that's OK.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 05:26:06 PM »
Jeez, I just found out that I never replied to this--did I?  :)

Anyway thanks a ton for the offer!  We'll definitely get in touch with you the minute the OSX beta is in a presentable shape.  In the meantime you can email us at info@ (+ our domain name).

Ciao,

-- dj!

Gothboy

• Nec Aspera Terrent
    • Myspace artist page
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 01:11:58 PM »
Just make it compatible with Panther/PT 6.4 so I can work with it!  Yellowtools just released the Independance free sampler but it only works with ::)  Tiger so it would be great for all of us still wallowing in Panther if Morgana worked.

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB