Author Topic: Redline Monitor + Live 8  (Read 7053 times)

timwright

Redline Monitor + Live 8
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:28:19 PM »
I can't get Redline Monitor to show up in my Live 8 plugin folder. I installed RM into the same folder as all my other VSTs, and they show up fine in Live but RM doesn't. Not even the 112db folder it's contained within is showing up.

One thing that did strike me as being odd was, when installing, if I selected the typical option it would say that it wasn't installing the plugin in any format, so when I selected custom I made sure VST was ticked.

Any ideas?

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Redline Monitor + Live 8
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:36:16 PM »
Are you on PC or Mac?  Did you try to have Live rescan the plugins (Preferences > File > Use VST System Folders)?  It runs OK in Live 8 here so there shdn't be any inherent incompatibility problem at work.

Take care,

-- dj!

timwright

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 08:40:35 PM »
Yeah, rescanned the folder but the entire folder doesn't show up  ???

Am baffled. I'm using a PC with Windows Vista Home Premium.

timwright

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 08:44:53 PM »
Dunno if this helps...

timwright

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »
Just tried holding down ALT when pressing the rescan option (as suggested on the Ableton website) but still nothing. Funny thing is, it shows up in the status thing at the bottom as it rescans, but just doesn't come up in the plugin browser.

timwright

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »
And it works!

Not sure what the problem was, but after several restarts and 2 full system scans it now works.

Now I can start putting it to use, lol.

dj!

• 112dB
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 05:33:59 AM »
That is weird but good to hear you managed to get it working!  If you ever figure out what happened do let me know.

-- dj!

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB