Author Topic: Portamento?  (Read 3974 times)

Straightline

• Newbie+
Portamento?
« on: August 19, 2016, 08:42:56 AM »
Hi
I'm still using Morgana extensively (OSX Reaper 64 working smoothly) but I'm badly missing at least a simple Mono Portamento. Any plans to incorporate this in the future? This would be awesome!
thanks
Tom

martijn

• Global Moderator
Re: Portamento?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 08:58:48 AM »
Sorry for the later reply.

The sampler that Morgana was modelled on, did not have portamento.

Adding portamento to a sampler isn't easy. The way Portamento on a synthesizer works is that the oscillators instead of getting a new pitch, slide from their old pitch to the new pitch. The wave form of the oscillator would however be still the same. The difficulty with a multi sampler is that when you would glide from one note to the other, your start pitch could be in a different zone than your end pitch. You could even cross multiple sample zones. Then during the glide you would have to switch or crossfade between different samples. This would not result in a smooth glide as we know from other synthesizers. I don't know of any sampler that does this. I could be wrong though.

Cheers,

-Martijn-

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB