Author Topic: Please be honest to your existing and potential new customers.  (Read 12123 times)

papageno

• Newbie+
Please be honest to your existing and potential new customers.
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:44:28 AM »
As I understand, your development has stopped years ago. I did read about a sad event but this is not the issue.
The issue is: Hosts are running in 64-bit mode nowadays. To be honest: Redline Monitor is the only plug-in that requires me to start my host in 32-bit mode if I want to use it.

The other issue: this site continues the sales of your plug-ins. Not all newcomers dig into the subject and search how long it is after last update.

Please be honest and state that your development has indeed stopped.

nousch

• Administrator
Re: Please be honest to your existing and potential new customers.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 09:10:42 AM »
I don't know where you get your information, but our development didn't stop. Actually we brought out a new plugin ( the Big Blue Compressor) this year. At the moment we're working on a new framework for MAC OS 64 bit, which takes up almost all our time, but after that we'll devote some attention to the Monitor.

And hey, a lack of updates for one plugin doesn't mean the development has stopped. The Monitor is a relatively simple plugin, and has no bugs at the moment, at least as far as I know. So updates haven't been that necessary. Next 'update' will be the 64 bit version.

And yes, we're working secretly on new plugins too  :)

--nousch

deadsinatra

• Newbie+
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »
Hi, would you be able to give any information about Morgana? Are there any plans to update it so that it is compatible with Logic Pro 9 and Mac OSX 10.6 - 10.8? I haven't been able to use it for nearly two years now, which is a shame as I think it's fantastic :-)

Best Regards,
Dan

nousch

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »
We will update Morgana as well. I don't know when we'll have a proper update with bugfixes & new features, but we'll try to have at least a version that is compatible with the latest operating systems by April next year.

If you want to get Morgana going in Logic Pro and Mac OSX 10.6 and above, try the following trick:

Open /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/112dB in the finder
Copy Morgana.vst to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
(Attention: copy, not move, you still need the .vst file in the VST folder!)
Trash the existing Morgana.component
Rename Morgana.vst (the one in the Components folder) to Morgana.component
Open the AU Manager in Logic and check Morgana

--nousch

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB