Author Topic: Ableton Live 7.0.14 - Graphic problem  (Read 8967 times)

grymmjack

• Newbie+
  • ook, eek.
    • designermonkey
Ableton Live 7.0.14 - Graphic problem
« on: February 21, 2009, 06:54:15 AM »
Hi. First Redline Monitor is awesome.

Second, it inserts and loads just as it should the 1st time it's inserted into Ableton Live. However, every other time it's inserted thereafter (and not in a situation where it is multiple instances of course as I only use RM on the master channel), it loads in but the UI does not draw. It draws a hollow shell of whatever happens to be behind where the RM UI should be (for my example my desktop or a section of lives own UI) inside of the UI container.

Creating a new project and re-inserting does not fix the problem. Only quitting and reloading Live will fix the problem, and then only 1 time.

This is actually not that big of a deal since RM remembers the last setting anyway (which is a very cool feature - and at first glance I wondered why there were no presets in the demo then I realized you'd never need them once you set this plug-in up 1 single time at your studio DAW) and so the visual GUI is not even really needed after the 1st insert, it's just a bug that makes the plugin look poor.

I really am loving the plug-in however. It's definitely as close to I can get to monitoring professionally. I tried the Refined AudioMetrics hdphx before this, and that thing didn't sound nearly as good as RM - in fact, hdphx seemed almost like a placebo plug-in to me as the difference wasn't really believable as what it was created for.

Anyway thanks and will watch this space for a bug fix :)

dj!

• 112dB
Re: Ableton Live 7.0.14 - Graphic problem
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 02:04:36 PM »
Hi,

are you on PC or Mac?  I can't seem to reproduce this on either but it'd be good to know where to look for possible culprits.  This happens after the first time you *insert* RM, not when closing and re-opening the GUI?

And thanks for your kind words, great to hear RM is working so well for you!

-- dj!

grymmjack

• Newbie+
  • ook, eek.
    • designermonkey
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »
Hi,

are you on PC or Mac?  I can't seem to reproduce this on either but it'd be good to know where to look for possible culprits.  This happens after the first time you *insert* RM, not when closing and re-opening the GUI?

And thanks for your kind words, great to hear RM is working so well for you!

-- dj!

hi dj.

i'm on a PC.

it only happens after the first time it's been opened/closed and it seems like it works ok for the whole project until you start a new project in live and insert it again.

i'll try to pinpoint exact steps.

The Hum

• Newbie+
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:01:22 AM »
Good to know, bribe913, thanks for the heads up

112dB is...

...founded in 2005 and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Our mission statement: providing high quality plugins which are easy to use and innovative with the same warm and unique character that vintage analog devices have

Connect with us

Facebook Twitter

to receive news about new products and special offers from 112dB